The Organizing Committee of the 14th International Congress of Rock Mechanics invites all interested geotechnical professionals and academics to submit abstracts for the ISRM 2019. The central theme of the event is Rock Mechanics for Natural Resources and Infrastructure Development, and your abstrat can be submited considering the following topics:
- Blasting and rockbursts
- Case histories in rock engineering
- Characterization of faults and other geological features
- Characterization of intact rocks and rock masses
- CO2 sequestration
- Constitutive models in prediction of rock behavior
- Containment and support structures
- Coupled processes in rock mechanics
- Crustal stress and earthquakes
- Dams and foundations in rocks
- Design of underground and open pit mines
- Dynamic phenomena in rock mechanics
- Education in rock engineering
- Exploration and production of geothermal energy
- Fluid flow and pore pressure in rocks
- Fracture and damage of rocks
- Geophysics and geology related to rock mechanics
- Hazard and risk assessment in rock engineering
- Hydraulic fracturing
- In situ stress measurements and estimation
- Instrumentation and monitoring
- Laboratory and field testing and measurements
- Mechanics of hard rocks
- Mechanics of soft rocks
- Natural and ancient stones preservation
- Numerical and analytical modeling of rock phenomena
- Ornamental rocks
- Petroleum reservoir and well geomechanics
- Rock heterogeneity and multiscale approaches
- Rock mechanics data
- Rock tunneling
- Seismic behavior of rock masses
- Slope stability and landslides
- Underground Nuclear Power Plants
- Underground Research Laboratories URL
- Underground storage and radioactive waste disposal
- Other (please specify)
Submission of abstracts
The abstracts should be submitted until 19 September 2018 to the ISRM 2019 according to the following rules:
- Register for a user account and follow the on-screen instructions (available soon).
- All abstracts must be submitted only via the online submission system.
- All abstracts must be written in English, and submitted in PDF format following the one-page template (download here).
- Abstract should include title, authors, their affiliations and the e-mail address of the corresponding author, the main text and keywords: 3 to 5 keywords. No figures, photos or illustrations are allowed in the abstract. The main text shoud contain a brief introduction, methodology and preliminar or expected results.
- All abstract authors are asked to choose two technical topics (in order of preference) during the submission process. The scientific and advisory committee reserves the right to place the abstract in a different and more appropriate category based on its topic and content.
- Acknowledgment of submission will be sent to the e-mail address provided by the submitting author. Please make sure that a confirmation e-mail is received after making the submission. If this e-mail confirmation is not received, it means we have not received the abstract.
- By submitting the abstract, you are granting ISRM 2019 to publish and disseminate it electronically
- It is the responsibility of the authors to ensure the technical and textual accuracy of the abstract.
Acceptance of abstracts
Abstracts are reviewed by the Scientific Committee of the ISRM 2019 based on the scientific merit and the quality of the writing. After the review process, authors of accepted abstracts are eligible to submit their full papers. Only the accepted papers will be published in the Congress Proceedings.
All accepted papers will be a part of the ISRM Digital Library following the event and available to the rock mechanics community worldwide.
Click here to submit your abstract
Download the one-page template
For any further information don’t hesitate in contact us through the
telephone +55 11 3056.6000 extension 8659 and e-mail email@example.com